1. The awards aim to promote excellence in building and construction management. Project / Construction Managers will normally be considered suitable for the nomination. The awards are intended for individuals only, therefore joint nominations will not be accepted.
2. The nominees with overall responsibility for the delivery of a building / construction project practically completed within the period from 1 February 2014 to 31 December 2018 are eligible for submission.
3. The nominations include two Categories 1) New Works and A&A Works Category and 2) Heritage Conservation Category.
4. The nominations are restricted to projects located within Hong Kong SAR.
5. The nominations must be submitted on the prescribed form. The candidates must be nominated.
6. The nomination forms must be completed in full and include sufficient and relevant information as required.
7. The nominees will be asked to submit a short video presentation not more than 5 minutes which shall be submitted within 21 calendar days when they are shortlisted to the final round of assessment upon notification by the office of CMYA Hong Kong 2018 organizing committee. The nominees will be required to arrange for the judges and the CMYA Hong Kong 2018 organizing committee members to visit the project after they are shortlisted. The project visit may also include a short briefing and Q&A session.
8. The nomination forms together with attachments must reach the Chartered Institute of Building (Hong Kong) on or before 28 February 2019.
9. The nomination submission package should include the following materials:
- Duly completed and signed nomination form
- Citation from the nominator (not exceeding 1000 words)
- Project report from the nominee (not exceeding 3000 words and 30 pages – see project report requirements)
- Passport photo of nominee (soft copy only)
- Confirmation slips from Consultants
- Video not more than 5 minutes to be submitted within 21 calendar days upon shortlist notification. (refer to item 7)
The submission shall include 3 hardcopies of each report, preferably on A4 size paper but not exceeding A3 size and accompanied with one (1) e-file in pdf or jpg format saved in DVD / USB drive.
All submissions should be presented in English
10. The decision made by the CMYA Hong Kong 2018 organizing committee regarding the eligibility of the nominations shall be final.
11. The decision of the judge panel for the awards shall be final.
12. The awards consist of Gold Award, Silver Award, Bronze Award, and Commendation. Appreciation Certificates will be issued to the Winners’ Employing Companies as well as to the Employers.
13. CIOB (Hong Kong) reserves the right to print, reproduce, publishes the material submitted in either paper or electronic format or for any use in association with the CMYA Hong Kong 2018.
14. Additional forms and further information are available from http://www.ciobcmya.hk/.
15. For enquiry, please contact :
Ms Phoebe Hung
Member Services and Events Coordinator (Hong Kong)
CIOB (HK) Office
Room 1501, 15/F
Wanchai Commercial Centre
194-204 Johnston Road
Wanchai, Hong Kong
t: 2543 6369
f: 2143 6882